Starts as soon as possible - 2 days a week to begin, $15 / hour - to help with produce pick-ups and deliveries!
Want to be part of growing a farmer-led cooperative? This person will assist in pick-up and delivery operations of the co-op from farm to aggregation space and from aggregation space to customers. Responsibilities include completing product deliveries to customers, including school districts and multi-farm FarmRasier and Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs as well as variety of wholesale accounts providing fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables around central Arizona. This year-round position will be up to 25 hours a week to start but increase to full-time as customer base expands.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Picking up produce from area farms
- Checking quality / quantity of produce being picked up – communicating with dispatch immediately about any issues found
- Delivering orders to customers on time and during scheduled pickup windows
- Working with customers and SPC staff and volunteers at various pick-up locations to trouble shoot general delivery or pickup concerns and communicate issues back to co-op dispatch
- Provide friendly customer service
- Communicate with co-op dispatcher when leaving each stop
- Write down reefer temperature at each stop on pick-up and delivery invoices
- Monitor, maintain and report operational and maintenance needs of delivery vehicle daily (gas, oil and other fluid levels), any damages;
- Keep truck clean inside and out
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An Arizona driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a 12 to 16 ft. refrigerated box truck or van
- Properly operating cell phone with GPS to use for communication with the co-op
- Strong customer relations / communications skills
- Neat, clean appearance
- Closed-toe shoes, work gloves and clean, not torn work clothes
The pay for this position starts at $15 / hr.
Interested? Please send a brief work history that includes driving / delivery experience to: email@example.com